CE Marking of fabricated structural steel
The British Constructional Steelwork Association (BCSA) anticipates that the CE Marking of fabricated structural steelwork in accordance with BS EN 1090-1 will come into force shortly. There will begin a period of co-existence, when either national provisions or CE Marking may be used, which will end on 01 July 2012. From that date, CE Marking of fabricated structural steelwork will become mandatory in most EU member states. It is likely to remain optional in the UK and Republic of Ireland for a further year until the Construction Products Directive (CPD) is replaced by the Construction Products Regulations (CPR).
The expected timetable for CE Marking of fabricated steelwork is:
- CE Marking voluntary – 01 December 2010
- CE Marking mandatory in most member states – 01 July 2012
- CE Marking mandatory in the UK and RoI – Mid 2013
Reference 24/11/2010 SteelConstruction.org
Are you as a small to medium size structural steel fabricators in a position to provide CE Marking of Structural Steel come 2012 or mid 2013? Could this be a dilema for you?
The start of the rout to CE Marking is to have a reconised quality management system to ISO 9001 and a welding quality management system to ISO 3834.
In 2010, the BCSA launched a CE Marking version of the 5th edition of the National Structural Steelwork Specification (NSSS) for Building Construction. This version is fully compliant with the new European standard for fabrication, BS EN 1090-2 and the CE Marking standard BS EN 1090-1.
About peelandshawPeel & Shaw Consulting, based in South Yorkshire, specialize in management systems, organizational performance, continuous improvement and business assurance. We help your business identify improvements and deliver change to your organization, customers and stakeholders.
- CMI 2012 Business ContinuityManagement Survey Key Findings wp.me/p1Wfqj-2h via @wordpressdotcom 3 years ago
- Environmental Management System Workshop - eepurl.com/jLmS5 3 years ago
- One week to take full advantage of this unmissable FREE Environmental Management Workshop! Realise the Benefits - eepurl.com/jLmS5 3 years ago
- Your Environmental Management System - eepurl.com/jsaU1 3 years ago
- FREE workshop - understand how an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System can improve commercial performance -- bit.ly/xAAwAu 3 years ago